Aston Farm, Bourton-on-the-Water
Aston Farm, Bourton on the Water: 50kW ground mount
Mr Bullock contacted Mypower after a recommendation from a neighbouring farm. Mr Bullock was looking for a solution to cut grain drying costs, farm expenses and one which would provide a ROI. Following an onsite survey of the land and farm buildings, Mypower recommended a 50kW solar PV ground mount.
Once work began, it took just 5 days for the agricultural solar panels to be fully installed. Mypower took care of all the project management including the consent to connect to the electricity grid, structural survey, Energy Performance Certificate, system design, product procurement and supply, groundwork, installation, Feed in Tariff applications and forms and the Power Purchase Agreement in order to sell surplus energy back to the grid.
Key facts and predictions - amended to September 2018 rates
- £41,600 - cost exc. VAT.
- 50 kWp - producing 47,665kWh of electricity per annum.
- 16 tonnes - carbon emissions avoided per annum.
- £6,550 - projected first year income and savings of giving a first year return on capital of 15.7% before indexation assuming 50% of electricity used on site.
- 6.4 years - system payback.
- £211,233 - total projected income and savings over 25 years after indexation.
A year later...
12 months on, Mr Bullock contacted Mypower to confirm that he was very pleased with the first year as the system had out-performed predictions.
"It was important we found the best location for the panels...
With Ben Harrison's advice we decided the best spot was a small paddock grazed by sheep which had easy access but wasn't an 'eyesore' to anyone.
From start to finish Mypower were so professional and everything was delivered on time as promised".
Mr A. Bullock - farmer